Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Fri June 21, 2013
The Florida Roundup: Should The Miami Heat Get More Public Money?
Our panel of journalists will tackle two four-letter words: Heat and jobs.
The Miami Heat won back-to-back NBA Championships after defeating the San Antonio Spurs Thursday night, 95-88.
Meanwhile, team owner Micky Arison wants to extend the team's lease on American Airlines Arena with the help of public money.
Florida's job market has been improving with unemployment falling to levels not seen in nearly five years.
But joblessness in Miami-Dade County remains well above the rest of the state.
Join Tom Hudson, who's in for the vacationing Phil Latzman, along with Doug Hanks of the Miami Herald, Dara Kam of the Palm Beach Post and Greg Allen of NPR for this week's edition of The Florida Roundup. Below is the live chat hosted by our producer Elaine Chen.