Most Active Stories
- Three Days Of Police Brutality Protests In South Florida
- Foods Of South Florida Christmas: Nochebuena
- Fairchild Hopes Chihuly's Colorful Glass Works Will Bring Crowds
- Blazing The Waze: FDOT Is The Traffic App’s First U.S. Partner
- Migrant Farm Worker Family Loses Its Mom — But Not Her Christmas Hopes
The Florida Roundup
Fri August 29, 2014
Florida Roundup: Governor vs. Governor
On the Florida Roundup, we will discuss how the next governor of the state of Florida has already been on the job before. Gov. Rick Scott and former Gov. Charlie Crist will be on the ballot for the seat in November.
We will review the results from Tuesday’s primary votes. But few voted. It was a record low voter turnout.
And Burger King has it it’s way. The company buys Canadian restaurant chain Tim Hortons and will move its corporate headquarters to Canada, but it says the move isn’t about paying less in taxes.
School districts are testing the waters on skipping the state-requried exams. On Wednesday, Lee County became the first school board to reject the state exam.
Host Tom Hudson will be joined by Sergio Bustos and Christina Veiga, of the Miami Herald, Al Lewis from the South Florida Business Journal, and John O'Conner from WLRN-Miami Herald News.
2014 Florida Primary Results