Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
- Big Sugar's Influence Stretches From South Florida To Washington
- Lieutenant Governor Visits PortMiami For Update On Tunnel Progress
Wed December 26, 2012
Florida Holidays: Publix Commercials Make Us Cry
tvOur friends at WUSF in Tampa have been collecting holiday stories and traditions from around the state for a series they call "Florida Holidays." The following was originally posted by WUSF reporter Dalia Colón.
Confession: Publix holiday commercials turn me to mush.
Maybe it's the music. Maybe it's because I'm already in the holiday spirit. Or maybe it's just good marketing.
Whenever a holiday approaches, I brace myself for a good cry, courtesy of the Lakeland-based supermarket chain.
The ads are like little movies. Even the Spanish-language commercials fill my eyes with lágrimas.
This one from 2008 still gets to me:
But it's not just the commercials around Christmastime. I also got misty-eyed over this Valentine's Day ad:
Even Mother's Day commercial made me tear up... and that was before I became a mom:
Am I alone here? Do you think Publix holiday commercials are sweet or sappy? Weigh in on our Facebook page.
If you've got your own Florida Holidays tradition or story (or confession), here are some ways to join in the fun:
- Post a photo or short story on our wall at Facebook.com/WUSF.
- Send a tweet to @WUSF with the hashtag #floridaholidays.
- Leave a by Savings Sidekick" href="http://wusfnews.wusf.usf.edu/topic/florida-holidays#" rurl="http://i.trkjmp.com/click?v=VVM6MjA1NjM6MTg6cGhvbmU6MTVhNzk1NmY0OGYyM2YzYTM4MTQ4NmExYTEzMzM1ZTM6ei0xMjY1LTEwOTMxNTp3dXNmbmV3cy53dXNmLnVzZi5lZHU6MDow">phone message for WUSF reporter/producer Dalia Colón at (813) 974-8636.
- Email Dalia at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nochebuena In Miami