Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
- Six Films At This Year's Miami International Film Festival You Must Not Miss
- Big Sugar's Influence Stretches From South Florida To Washington
Opera Gone Digital
Thu November 1, 2012
Florida Grand Opera Goes Digital For National Opera Week
The Florida Grand Opera has gone digital for National Opera Week.
The week celebrates the vibrance and culture of the art form in America today. But as the FGO's approach to participating in the week illustrates, there is a marked difference in how they are working to reach new audiences, as compared to the past.
Digital programming has now taken center stage at the organization with a range of free activities "designed to engage novices, opera lovers and everyone in between" on online platforms. Twitter, Facebook, and podcasting are all part of the this week's special programming.
- #Opera101 Twitter Campaign - Follow FGO (@FGOpera) on Twitter using the hashtag #Opera101 as we explore lesser known facts about opera and share behind-the-scenes exclusives.
- Opera-ween Costume Contest - Visit the FGO Facebook page today and submit a photo of an opera-related costume for a chance to win an FGO VIP package. Contest closes Nov. 4.
- In-School Informance - FGO’s In-School Informance program brings singers into the classroom to interact with local students For the first time, an Informance will be broadcast by WPBT’s uVu channel.
- FGO Podcast Launch, iTunes - FGO joins iTunes by offering a free podcast featuring resident opera experts and staff members. Look for the launch of the first episode on Nov. 3.
Dance For Democracy
A Local Film Maker Highlights Urban Challenges