Most Active Stories
- #ThisIsWhere: The Week Of Traffic And Tattoos
- #ThisIsWhere We Share Our First 10 Favorite Poems
- Who Was That Tea Party Lady At The Solar Energy Rally With Charlie Crist?
- Cuba Clueless: Covert Twitter Scheme Tweets U.S. Policy Failure
- Miami Shedding Its Tabloid Image, Gaining Int'l Respect – At Least In The Legal World
The Florida Roundup
Fri January 25, 2013
Is Florida Driving Us Crazy?
On the Florida Roundup: From immigration reform to gay rights, we’ll discuss how the president’s inauguration speech resonated here.
The Dolphins win the first battle in their fight for public funding to renovate Sun Life Stadium, with the Miami-Dade County Commission agreeing to ask the state for an increase in the hotel tax. But Florida state lawmakers might not be receptive.
Will the state ever pass laws to prohibit texting while driving? We ask you whether that’s one of the big reasons Florida is driving us all crazy. Plus, Marketplace’s Jeremy Hobson tells us what he learned from his week in Miami.
Join Phil Latzman Friday at noon as he speaks with Greg Allen of NPR and Dara Kam of the Palm Beach Post.
Diversity In South Florida
Sun Life Stadium