Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Fri July 5, 2013
The Florida Blogup: Buildings, Beers, and the Miami Arena
Blogger Bill Cooke reminisces when the Arena opened in 1988 through newspaper clips.
When it first opened in Downtown, many said it would bring in business and revitalize the area, but the only thing it attracted was a sports bar that failed.
The blogger has more newspaper clips detailing the arena’s history at Random Pixels.
Bal Harbour Village approved the construction of Oceana Bal Harbour. The building, designed by Aquitectonica, will have 250 units starting at $2 million each.
Sean McCaughan at Curbed Miami has more details.
Funky Buddha Brewery held its grand opening this week, and its beer will be served at local bars and restaurants.
They will be sending out two beers: their Hop Gun IPA and Floridian Hefeweizen.
A blogger at South Florida Beer Blog has more.
Analog Art: Where Art Meets Vinyl fuses music with visual art at Sweat Records; over 30 artists are displaying original pieces that have incorporated vinyl.
MIA Brewing Co. is providing beer and there will be an after-party at Wood Tavern.
A blogger at the Sweat Records blog has more details.