Most Active Stories
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- Which One Is Better: Miami Or Miami Beach?
- How An Ethnic Slur Spurred A Broward Father's Activism
- Stalin Stupor: Why Venezuela Keeps Getting Ranked "Most Miserable" In 2015
Tue July 15, 2014
FEC Unveils New Rail Assembly-Line Facility At Port Everglades
Florida East Coast Railway unveiled its new assembly-line facility for making trains at Port Everglades on Monday.
The site will also serve as as a port for housing those trains.
The Intermodal Container Transfer Facility, or ICTF, is a public-private venture among Florida East Coast Railway, Broward County and the state of Florida.
The partners say it should be a more efficient train-assembly plant and operations at the train yard will start on Wednesday.
The ICTF took 18 months to complete the project which is expected to provide over 200,000 jobs.
South Florida Passenger Rail
The Florida Roundup