Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
End of the Line
Mon March 18, 2013
End Of The Line: Postcard From Alabama Jack’s
If you follow U.S. 1 to the very end of the Florida peninsula, veer onto Card Sound Road, and make your way through the mangrove swamps, you’ll find it. A wooden shanty with a roof but no walls: an open-air bar and restaurant. It’s the very last place on the U.S. mainland. And it’s called Alabama Jack’s.
You can hear other stories about the “End of the Line” on our second episode, which airs Saturday, March 7 at noon and Sunday March 8 at 7 pm, on WLRN 91.3/WKWM 91.5 FM.