Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Tue May 6, 2014
Downtown Fort Lauderdale To Invest In Trolley Improvements
Downtown Fort Lauderdale has a new fuel-efficient and cheaper bus. It's got bigger windows and is boxier -- and it's painted like a trolley.
The older trolley buses in Fort Lauderdale weren't up to date on things like handicap access regulations and fuel-efficiency costs. Fort Lauderdale commissioners should be accepting a federal grant today to pay for the trolley-style buses.
While the outside of the buses have the classic trolley look, officials are wondering if they should stay away from the wooden bench seating, to cater to the business commuters who make up the largest crowd.
To read this story, go to SunSentinel.com.