Most Active Stories
- Miami Muralist's Walls Brighten Art Week With Local Color
- Gentrification Film Shown In Wynwood Just Before Basel Madness
- The Mistakes Of Martelly: Why Haiti's President Faces Angry Unrest
- The Rise Of Cyberbullying: The Case Of Rebecca Sedwick
- What Children's Authors Make Of Common Core And Education Policy
Fri March 8, 2013
A Decade After Invasion, Are Iraqi Women 'Lucky'?
It's been 10 years since the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq. That conflict drastically changed the lives of Iraqi women. On International Women's Day, host Michel Martin talks with Iqbal al-Juboori, about how the war affected her personally, and what it's like for women to live in a conflict zone. al-Juboori works to provide job training and life skills to women and their families in rural parts of Iraq.