Most Active Stories
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- Which One Is Better: Miami Or Miami Beach?
- How An Ethnic Slur Spurred A Broward Father's Activism
- Stalin Stupor: Why Venezuela Keeps Getting Ranked "Most Miserable" In 2015
Mon November 4, 2013
Choice and Chance in the 2012 Presidential Election
11/04/13 - Monday’s Topical Currents reflects on the 2012 Presidential Election, with political science professors John Side and Lynn Vavreck. Commentators and pundits quickly gave reasons for President Obama’s win . . . but detailed study by academics adds a dose of reality to the result. They drew on scads of data about voters, media coverage and candidate advertising. It’s all in the book THE GAMBLE: Choice and Chance in the 2012 Presidential Election. That’s Topical Currents Monday at 1pm.
Food and Dining