Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Wed January 30, 2013
Fourth-Quarter Reports: Boeing Profits Up, Amazon Down
Originally published on Wed January 30, 2013 10:44 am
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with steady profits from Boeing.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
MONTAGNE: Despite having to ground its 787 Dreamliners because of battery trouble, Boeing plans to deliver dozens more Dreamliners this year. And the aerospace company says it assumes the Dreamliner woes will have little impact on its 2013 finances. The big cyberspace retailer Amazon.com reported a drop in profits yesterday. But investors sent the stock surging after seeing strength in some of Amazon's core businesses. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.