Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Fri December 13, 2013
Buckingham Guards' Snack Fancy Reportedly Riled Queen
Originally published on Fri December 13, 2013 7:52 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning, I'm David Greene.
Apparently, the queen of England is going nuts about Buckingham Palace Guards snacking on the job. This is a detail that came out during the long trial of defunct Murdoch tabloid News of the World. According to emails read in court, the queen's staff placed bowls of nuts around the palace for her. But royal police roaming the corridors couldn't resist. So her highness drew lines on the bowls to keep track of the snack levels.
Man, for these cops, what a royal pain.
You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.