Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Tue June 10, 2014
Broward School Board Asks Voters For $800 Million Bond
Broward County voters will have a big decision to make about school funding in November.
The School Board of Broward County School approved a resolution to put a bond vote on the fall ballot.
Broward schools are asking for $800 million — most of which will go towards school renovations and technology upgrades, says Superintendent Robert Runcie.
The school district has to overcome a reputation damaged by a history of mismanagement and corruption.
You can hear more here:
Runcie spoke with WLRN for a special education edition of the Sunshine Economy. Here’s more from that conversation: