Most Active Stories
- Three Days Of Police Brutality Protests In South Florida
- Foods Of South Florida Christmas: Nochebuena
- Fairchild Hopes Chihuly's Colorful Glass Works Will Bring Crowds
- Blazing The Waze: FDOT Is The Traffic App’s First U.S. Partner
- Migrant Farm Worker Family Loses Its Mom — But Not Her Christmas Hopes
Tue June 10, 2014
Broward School Board Asks Voters For $800 Million Bond
Broward County voters will have a big decision to make about school funding in November.
The School Board of Broward County School approved a resolution to put a bond vote on the fall ballot.
Broward schools are asking for $800 million — most of which will go towards school renovations and technology upgrades, says Superintendent Robert Runcie.
The school district has to overcome a reputation damaged by a history of mismanagement and corruption.
You can hear more here:
Runcie spoke with WLRN for a special education edition of the Sunshine Economy. Here’s more from that conversation: