Breaking Artisan Bread with Zak the Baker
05/29/14 - Syndicated food columnist Linda Gassenheimer, Special wine correspondent Fred Tasker and WLRN host and Bonnie Berman interview Zak the Baker (Zak Stern). He discusses how he created and executed his bakery concept, what kickstarter is and how it helped him and about the craft food revolution in Wynwood. And he brought some bread for us to taste on air.
- WYNWOOD BAKERY & CAFE
- SUNDAY – FRIDAY / 9AM TO 4PM
- 405 NW 26TH ST, MIAMI FL, 33127
Korean Grilled Chicken with Steamed Noodles
This is one of the treats you can find from a street vender Seoul, Korea where the aromas from the food stalls fill the air. I use chicken thighs for this quick meal. They’re juicy and meaty and you can find boneless, skinless thighs in the market. The chicken dish can be grilled outside, cooked on a stove-top grill or sauteed in a skillet.
Sesame oil, rice vinegar and low-sodium soy sauce are used in this dinner. I like to keep them on hand to add Asian flavors to many meat, rice or vegetables dishes.
- If using a stove-top grill or skillet, spray with vegetable oil spray before adding the chicken.
- Boneless chicken tenderloins can be used instead of thighs.
- Steamed Chinese noodles can be found in the produce section of the market. Dry Chinese noodles or angel hair pasta can be used.
- Marinate chicken.
- Make noodle side dish.
- Grill chicken.
ENTREE: KOREAN GRILLED CHICKEN
3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon ground ginger
Dash of freshly ground black pepper
Place chicken thighs in a plastic bag. Add soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, mustard, ginger and black pepper. Seal the bag and gently shake to combine ingredients. Marinate about 5 minutes while making side dish.
Remove chicken from bag and pour marinade into a sauce pan. Place chicken on grill about 6 inches from heat. Cook 5 minutes, turn, cook 3 minutes. A meat thermometer should read 180 degrees.
While chicken grills, bring marinade to a boil and cook until it thickens, about 1 to 2 minutes. Spoon over chicken. Makes 2 servings.
SIDE DISH: STEAMED NOODLES
1/4 pound steamed or Chinese noodles
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tablespoon sesame oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Bring a large saucepan filled with water to a boil. Add the noodles, broccoli florets and shredded carrots. Boil 2 minutes.
Here are the ingredients you'll need for tonight's Dinner in Minutes:
- 3/4 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 bottle low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 small bottle rice vinegar
- 1 bottle sesame oil
- 1 small package steamed or dry Chinese noodles
- 1 small container ground ginger
- 1 small package broccoli florets
- 1 package shredded carrots
- Dijon mustard
- minced garlic
- black peppercorns