Most Active Stories
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- Which One Is Better: Miami Or Miami Beach?
- How An Ethnic Slur Spurred A Broward Father's Activism
- Stalin Stupor: Why Venezuela Keeps Getting Ranked "Most Miserable" In 2015
Wed April 24, 2013
The Biggest Ponzi Scheme In Florida History
04/24/13 - Wednesday's Topical Currents examines the saga of Fort Lauderdale Ponzi-schemer, attorney Scott Rothstein. News of the scandal broke in 2009. One of Fort Lauderdale’s top philanthropists had bilked some 1.4 Billion dollars from investors and charitable organizations. The scams supported his outrageously opulent lifestyle. We’ll speak with Chuck Malkus, author of THE ULTIMATE PONZI: The Scott Rothstein Story. That’s Topical Currents . . . Wednesday at 1pm on WLRN-HD1, rebroadcast at 7pm on WLRN-HD2 and audio on-demand after the live program.
Food and Dining