Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
On The Auction Block
Fri January 18, 2013
Bidding On The Glitz: Studio 54 Auction In West Palm Beach
A West Palm Beach art gallery is taking collectors on a trip back in time to the golden -- or silver glitter -- age of disco.
Items from the personal collection of Studio 54 owner Steve Rubell are going on the auction block tomorrow at Palm Beach Modern Auctions.
They include hundreds of photos taken in the hey-day of the legendary New York City nightclub. Rubell, who died in 1989, was known for his celebrity-studded parties.
Also offered at auction are Rubell's personal address book (open to the "J" page -- and you can see Michael Jackson's old phone number), as well as the Studio 54 guest book and other ephemera.
The collection includes original works of fine art -- including a bronze dollar-sign sculpture by Andy Warhol.
"Steve Rubell - Studio 54 Memorabilia, 1970's and Important Modern" Auction, Saturday, Jan. 19 at 12 noon, Palm Beach Modern Auctions, 417 Bunker Rd., West Palm Beach, FL 33405. Phone: 561-586-5500.
Video Games: No Longer Child's Play