Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
- Big Sugar's Influence Stretches From South Florida To Washington
- Six Films At This Year's Miami International Film Festival You Must Not Miss
Wed December 11, 2013
The Basel Afterglow Still Shines Bright In Broward
If you missed out on the annual extravaganza that is Art Basel, not to worry. A Broward County gallery owner is inviting artists and art patrons to think outside the box – and outside of Miami Beach – when they hear the word “Basel.”
Starting Dec. 12, gallerist and professional artist Tom Rossetti hosts his third-annual, month-long “Basel Broward” event.
Rossetti started calling for artist entries for the juried art exhibit several weeks ago. He says every year, art lovers in all of South Florida get caught up in the Art Basel Miami Beach frenzy.
“This is a world-class show with so many satellite shows around Miami and Wynwood and the Design District," Rossetti says, "so why not bring some of the action to Broward or even Palm Beach? Let’s make all of South Florida an Art Basel venue for the world.”
This year’s edition moves Basel Broward from Pompano Beach to Rossetti’s new gallery in Wilton Manors.
Runs December 12,2013 - January 4, 2014
Admission is free.
Rossetti Fine Art
2176 Wilton Drive
Wilton Manors, FL 33305
The Sunshine Economy
Perez Art Museum