Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
The Florida Roundup
Fri January 24, 2014
A Ban On Same-Sex Marriage, And A Miami Beach Tech Hub Is "The Dumbest Idea"
On The Florida Roundup: six gay couples in South Florida sue over the state's constitutional provision, passed by referendum in 2008, limiting marriage to a man and woman.
We then look at the American Dream for another national minority group: Latino-Americans. Two new polls examine the outlook and views of Latinos.
And Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine causes a furor with his comment that trying to make his city a high-tech hub is "the dumbest idea in the world." The mayor will join us to explain why he's standing by that assessment.
Join host Tom Hudson as he speaks with journalists Steve Rothaus and Nancy Dahlberg of the Miami Herald, Greg Allen of NPR, Laura Wides-Munoz of the Associated Press and Sammy Mack of WLRN-Miami Herald News. And check here for the live chat curated by our digital editor Maria Murriel.
The Sunshine Economy