Most Active Stories
- Painting And Passion: Frida And Diego Come To The NSU Art Museum Fort Lauderdale
- Some Rich And Powerful Would Benefit From Little Havana Upzoning
- Miami Transgender Community Mourns A Sister, Says "All Lives Matter"
- How South Florida Is Segregated Beyond Income
- Lane-Diving and Narrow Shoulders Major Safety Concerns For 95 Express Lanes
The Florida Roundup
Fri January 24, 2014
A Ban On Same-Sex Marriage, And A Miami Beach Tech Hub Is "The Dumbest Idea"
On The Florida Roundup: six gay couples in South Florida sue over the state's constitutional provision, passed by referendum in 2008, limiting marriage to a man and woman.
We then look at the American Dream for another national minority group: Latino-Americans. Two new polls examine the outlook and views of Latinos.
And Miami Beach Mayor Philip Levine causes a furor with his comment that trying to make his city a high-tech hub is "the dumbest idea in the world." The mayor will join us to explain why he's standing by that assessment.
Join host Tom Hudson as he speaks with journalists Steve Rothaus and Nancy Dahlberg of the Miami Herald, Greg Allen of NPR, Laura Wides-Munoz of the Associated Press and Sammy Mack of WLRN-Miami Herald News. And check here for the live chat curated by our digital editor Maria Murriel.
The Sunshine Economy