Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Gaining Altitude: The Aviation Industry in South Florida
Tue March 26, 2013
5 People Jailed In Britain For Movie Tax Scam
Originally published on Tue March 26, 2013 9:57 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. The movie "Argo" told the story of a fake film that was a cover to get hostages out of Iran. Well, think of this as the "Argo" of tax fraud. Five people have been jailed in the U.K. for orchestrating quite a tax scam. The group pretended to make a movie to secure millions in tax credits from the British Film Commission.
When they were discovered, they pieced together a low-budget film with real actors to cover their trail. It was appropriately titled "A Landscape of Lies." It's MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.