Most Active Stories
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- Which One Is Better: Miami Or Miami Beach?
- How An Ethnic Slur Spurred A Broward Father's Activism
- Stalin Stupor: Why Venezuela Keeps Getting Ranked "Most Miserable" In 2015
Mon March 3, 2014
2014 Florida Legislative Session Preview
03/03/14 - Monday’s Topical Currents looks at the 2014 Florida Legislative session. It begins Tuesday, in Tallahassee. Which issues most influence South Florida? We’ll host a panel of journalists who are tuned into the matters. Will big-time casino resorts be given an OK from the Legislature? The Republican leadership remains cool to the idea. The Miami-Dade Expressway Authority will be scrutinized . . . and sweeping ethics bills considered. It’s the Legislative preview Session with Dan Ricker, publisher of the online “Watchdog Report,” Dan Christensen, editor and founder of the online news service “Broward Bulldog,” and Elaine de Valle, editor and founder of the online news service “Political Cortadito" on Topical Currents Monday at 1pm.
Food and Dining