Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
- Latest Univision Race Gaffe Shows Culture Gap
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- Miami-Dade Commission Votes Overwhelmingly In Favor Of Mega-Mall
- MAP: Miami Roads Closed For Formula E Race This Weekend
Sandy Hausman joined our news team in 2008 after honing her radio skills in Chicago. Since then, she's won several national awards for her reporting from the Society of Professional Journalists, the Society of Environmental Journalists, the Radio, Television and Digital News Association and the Public Radio News Directors' Association.
Sandy has reported extensively on issues of concern to Virginians, traveling as far afield as Panama, Ecuador, Indonesia and Hong Kong for stories on how expansion of the Panama Canal will effect the Port of Virginia, what Virginians are doing to protect the Galapagos Islands, why a Virginia-based company is destroying the rainforest and how Virginia wines are selling in Asia.
She is a graduate of Cornell University and holds a Masters degree in journalism from the University of Michigan.