Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Fabien Cousteau On His Underwater Aquarius Lab Mission
- Power To Peru: The (Quiet) Latin American Boom That's Making South Florida Swoon
- We Asked Miami-Dade Transit Why Not Every Bus Stop Has A Shelter
- David Beckham Wants To Talk To Broward County About Stadium
- Here Are New Florida Laws Taking Effect July 1
Robert Lyle is a veteran international financial journalist who, until the global economic crisis, divided his time between Florida and Cornwall in Great Britain. For more than 25 years, he was the Washington-based senior economics correspondent for the RFE/RL radio networks in Central and Eastern Europe and Central Asia. He was also a regular contributor to the BBC and other international radio networks from bases in Detroit, New York, Washington, D.C., London, Aix-en-Provence, France, and Munich, Germany. As a break from financial reporting, he has written about food and beer for the Los Angeles Times and One-and-Ale, a Cornish brewing magazine. He has written travel stories for National Geographic Traveler and Washington Flyer magazines. Since moving to South Florida, he has produced stories for WLRN's Under the Sun program and done daily news coverage for WLRN-Miami Herald News. He also occasionally appears as an extra or in minor roles in films.