Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Broward School Board Suspends Teacher Who Used Slur Against Muslim Student
- An Idea To Mitigate Rising Seas In Miami Beach: Lift The Entire City
- Which One Is Better: Miami Or Miami Beach?
- How An Ethnic Slur Spurred A Broward Father's Activism
- Stalin Stupor: Why Venezuela Keeps Getting Ranked "Most Miserable" In 2015
Rebecca Plevin is a reporter for Valley Public Radio. Before joining the station, she was the community health reporter for Vida en el Valle, the McClatchy Company's bilingual newspaper in California's San Joaquin Valley. She earned the George F. Gruner Award for Meritorious Public Service in Journalism and the McClatchy President's Award for her work at Vida, as well as honors from the National Association of Hispanic Publications and the California Newspaper Publishers Association. Plevin grew up in the Washington, D.C. area and is a graduate of Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism. She is also a fluent Spanish speaker, a certified yoga teacher, and an avid rock-climber.