Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Here Is What It Looks Like When Traffic Engineers Design Highway Signs
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- Six Films At This Year's Miami International Film Festival You Must Not Miss
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
Maria edits WLRN.org and oversees all its digital implications, including social-media activity and radio-to-web conceptualization.
She likes hyphenating adjectives and working on weekends.
Maria has worked across the South Florida media bubble, starting with hyperlocal start-up and community-news blog Open Media Miami, a former partner of the Miami Herald covering the Biscayne Corridor. Her work in features multimedia journalism has also appeared in Beached Miami, the Miami New Times' Cultist blog, Tasting Table Miami and the nationwide music blog Consequence of Sound.
Before finding her place in public radio, Maria helped launch the Sun Sentinel's start-up entertainment site, SouthFlorida.com. With her blog, the Lush Life, she became South Florida's first dedicated craft-beer reporter, and the only local woman on the beat.
Aside from the burgeoning local-beer and cocktail industry, Maria's interests are in multiculturalism, community news and inner-city issues. She's a proud FIU grad with a bachelor's in religious studies, and she is co-director of alumni relations for the FIU chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists.