Most Active Stories
- Power To Peru: The (Quiet) Latin American Boom That's Making South Florida Swoon
- Fabien Cousteau On His Underwater Aquarius Lab Mission
- We Asked Miami-Dade Transit Why Not Every Bus Stop Has A Shelter
- David Beckham Wants To Talk To Broward County About Stadium
- Why Chikungunya – And The Mosquitoes – Are Overwhelming Haiti
Glen Weldon is a contributor to NPR's pop culture blog Monkey See, where he posts weekly about comics and comics culture. He also reviews books and movies for NPR.org and is a regular panelist on NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour podcast.
Over the course of his career, he has spent time as a theater critic, a science writer, an oral historian, a writing teacher, a bookstore clerk, a PR flack, a seriously terrible marine biologist and a slightly better-than-average competitive swimmer.
Weldon is the author of Superman: The Unauthorized Biography, a cultural history of the iconic character. His fiction and criticism have appeared in The New York Times, The Washington Post, The New Republic, The Atlantic, Slate, Story, McSweeney's, The Dallas Morning News, Washington City Paper and many other publications. He is the recipient of an NEA Arts Journalism Fellowship, a Ragdale Writing Fellowship and a PEW Fellowship in the Arts for Fiction.