Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Longtime South Florida Broadcaster, Former WLRN Anchor Kelley Mitchell Dies At 58
- Customers Are Grumbling With Spirit Airlines
- Former Miami Mayor Ferré: Puerto Rico's Debt Crisis Is Florida's Migration Boom
- Let's Talk This Out: Teens Get Candid With Cops
- Smoldering Liberty City: Remembering The McDuffie Riots
Ms. Carline M. Faustin is Director of Haitian Affairs, and the official translator for the Miami-Dade County Public school system. Ms. Faustin has worked in the Office of Public Relations, for the last eighteen years and part of her job is to host Radyo Lekòl. She has served as an adjunct professor at Miami Dade College teaching translation, and she is particularly proud of her translation skills. She came to the United States from Haiti in 1968, resided in New York, and then moved to Miami in 1979.
Ms. Faustin started working for the school system in 1986 as a teacher. She has years of experience working closely with communities, parents and students as a media and public relations representative. She has served as a parent-outreach coordinator, guidance counselor, teacher and social worker to promote education and cultural awareness, where her goals are to foster positive relationships among diverse communities. She holds various degrees such as a Specialist in Education Leadership, a masters¹ degree in Guidance Counseling and a Bachelor¹s degree in Social Work. She enjoys sharing information and being an advocate for underprivileged children.