Most Active Stories
- Fabien Cousteau On His Underwater Aquarius Lab Mission
- Power To Peru: The (Quiet) Latin American Boom That's Making South Florida Swoon
- David Beckham Wants To Talk To Broward County About Stadium
- Here Are New Florida Laws Taking Effect July 1
- We Asked Miami-Dade Transit Why Not Every Bus Stop Has A Shelter
As Director of Vertical Initiatives (and Mischief) at NPR, Matt Thompson works with teams across the company to guide the development of topic-focused verticals covering race, ethnicity and culture; education; and global health and development.
Outside his work at NPR, Thompson teaches media and technology management as an adjunct professor at American University. He serves as the vice-chairman of the board of the Center for Public Integrity, an investigative journalism nonprofit. He's also the co-founder of an organization called Spark Camp, which convenes diverse groups of leaders from a variety of industries.