Most Active Stories
- How Miami's Shrewd Black Leadership Turned The Mandela Snub To Local Advantage
- Miami Muralist's Walls Brighten Art Week With Local Color
- Now You See It, Now You Don’t: Wynwood’s Evolving Street Art
- Gentrification Film Shown In Wynwood Just Before Basel Madness
- Mandela, Castro And The Caribbean Street
Before her arrival in Rhode Island, Catherine was news director at WHQR in Wilmington, North Carolina. She was also news director at KBIA in Columbia, Missouri where she was a faculty member at the University Of Missouri School Of Journalism.
Catherine has won several regional Edward R. Murrow awards and awards from the North Carolina Press Association, Missouri Press Association, and Missouri Broadcasters Association.
She files regularly for NPRâââ
Jane Ciabattari is the author of the short-story collection Stealing The Fire. Her reviews, interviews and cultural reporting have appeared in The New York Times Book Review, The Daily Beast, the Paris Review, the Boston Globe, The Guardian, Bookforum, Chicago Tribune, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, and Columbia Journalism Review, among others. She is a former president of the National Book Critics Circle.