Most Active Stories
- Power To Peru: The (Quiet) Latin American Boom That's Making South Florida Swoon
- Fabien Cousteau On His Underwater Aquarius Lab Mission
- We Asked Miami-Dade Transit Why Not Every Bus Stop Has A Shelter
- David Beckham Wants To Talk To Broward County About Stadium
- Why Chikungunya – And The Mosquitoes – Are Overwhelming Haiti
Holiday spirit in South Florida has been punctuated by art-world buzz since Switzerland's mammoth fair planted itself here. Art Basel Miami Beach has grown, since its 2002 inception at the Miami Beach Convention Center, from elitist trade show to ubiquitous art party.
All the gallery openings, launch parties and live art installations spurred during what's become Miami Art Week are impossible to keep track of. But we're trying:
Most of the conversation about Art Basel focuses on outrageous price tags, celebrity art buyers and the extravagant parties. But art is for everyone, and everyone has created art -- and arguably still does.
To highlight the accessibility of art -- that it’s not strictly the purview of people who use only words that end in -ism or write checks with multiple zeros -- WLRN-Miami Herald News invites you to share your thoughts on #WhatIsArt?