nuchylee / freedigitalphotos.netSchool districts must come up with their own distribution plans for teacher raises.Back in May, Gov. Rick Scott...
Most Active Stories
Florida’s economy is improving, and soon voters will have to decide whether Gov. Rick Scott deserves enough of the credit to be reelected next year....
Uzelea Evans has had a tough run recently.Her unemployment payments have been hung up for six weeks because of the state’s new online system. And...
It was the summer of 1990. I was home, living with my parents, working part-time at a Miami television station as a production assistant. I made...
Friends of the Miami-Dade Public Library will host a book sale Dec. 11 through Dec. 14 at the Main Library branch at 101 West Flagler St. Thousands...
With two weeks left to purchase health insurance to be effective Jan. 1, the Dept. of Health and Human Services announced the soft launch of its...
Latest from NPR
- Is Pope Francis Really 'The People's Pope?' Time magazine has dubbed Pope Francis its Person of the Year, calling him "The People's Pope." This title comes weeks after he criticized aspects of...
No Cake For You: Saying "I Don't" To Same-Sex Marriage
- Lululemon Bets New Leaders Will Help It See Through Woes Yoga clothier Lululemon began the year with an embarrassing problem — pants that allowed way too much of women's bottoms to be seen through their...
'Civic Tech' Skips The Red Tape
Kids Create Mobile Apps In the Classroom
Joseph Cooper and Bonnie Berman share the microphone with a wide range of guests including community leaders, artists, scientists, historians, and political thinkers.
From probing interviews with artists to lively discussions with curators and impresarios, to unique live music performances, you'll be up to speed on the arts.
Join host Tracy Fields on Evenin' Jazz Monday through Friday from 9:30 pm to 1:00 am on 91.3 FM and be treated to the best of jazz and blues and beyond.
The focus of Folk & Acoustic Music is to create a community to support folk music. Every Sunday afternoon 2 to 5pm, WLRN airs the only folk music show in South Florida.
Nelson Mandela Headlines
Miami Herald Breaking News
- Suspect arrested in Coconut Grove home invasion
- Florida mom accused of inhaling nitrous oxide from whipped cream can with 1-year-old son in car
- Search ends for 2 missing from migrants' raft
- Passenger train hits truck at Pembroke Road; street shut down, Tri-Rail service delayed
- Search continues for stolen truck with Hershey's