Summer in the South can be unbearable without air conditioning. That’s why folks like Sam Hancock stay busy. He’s tuning up an air conditioner at a...
Most Active Stories
- Why Doesn't The Sunshine State Use More Solar Energy?
- Free Rides In 95 Express Lanes Coming To An End For Hybrid Drivers
- Sholom & Mohamed: Brothers In Spite Of Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- How Panama Cut Poor Kids Out Of A Florida Millionaire's Will
- Despite Pioneering Integration, Jumbo's Did Not Survive
While state transportation departments around the country have been scrambling in anticipation of a potential Highway Trust Fund insolvency, Florida...
The late Jerry Goldsmith was one of the most gifted and versatile film composers of the 20th Century. Here's an appreciation by Scott Eyman, author...
If the latest poll is believable, nearly nine out of 10 Floridians are prepared to vote "yes" on the medical marijuana Amendment 2 in November....
A bill that would lead to better protections for cruise passengers has yet to move forward in Congress. Last week, the Senate Committee on Commerce...
Fifty years ago Bob Moses organized volunteers to register voters in Mississippi during the Freedom Summer. And for decades, Moses has been...
Latest from NPR
LA Judge Rules Sale Of Clippers Can Move Ahead
- Judge Rules Against Sterling, Allows LA Clippers Sale To Proceed A probate judge has ruled that Donald Sterling cannot block the sale of the Los Angeles Clippers. Shelly Sterling, his estranged wife, had arranged...
- Sandwich Monday: The Korean Steak Sandwich Ever since we landed in San Francisco and refused to leave, we've heard people talking about the Korean steak sandwich at Rhea's Deli and Market....
Margot Adler, A Venerable And Beloved NPR Voice, Passes At 68
Teacher Tenure Fight Spills Into N.Y., Where A New Lawsuit Brews
Joseph Cooper and Bonnie Berman share the microphone with a wide range of guests including community leaders, artists, scientists, historians, and political thinkers.
From probing interviews with artists to lively discussions with curators and impresarios, to unique live music performances, you'll be up to speed on the arts.
Join host Tracy Fields on Evenin' Jazz Monday through Friday from 9:30 pm to 1:00 am on 91.3 FM and be treated to the best of jazz and blues and beyond.
The focus of Folk & Acoustic Music is to create a community to support folk music. Every Sunday afternoon 2 to 5pm, WLRN airs the only folk music show in South Florida.