When I was 19, 20 and 21 years of age … I seemed to be on a yo-yo between my boyhood home in Illinois and the place I was seeking. I wanted...
Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
- Six Films At This Year's Miami International Film Festival You Must Not Miss
- Lieutenant Governor Visits PortMiami For Update On Tunnel Progress
The Miami Herald has been documenting life in South Florida through pictures for a long time now -- the paper's photo archives go back to well into the...
Attorney David Guest is not on the fence about the protection of springs. “They’re acting as if this renewable resource is something you can simply...
Governor Rick Scott kicks off the legislative session with a State of the State address touting tax cuts and job creation. The state legislature...
Fanm Ayisyen Nan Miyami (FANM), also known as the Haitian Women of Miami, will celebrate its 21st anniversary on Saturday. The organization,...
Bills to legalize the recreational use of marijuana in Florida have been filed for this session of the Legislature. So far, sponsors have little...
Latest from NPR
Rights Advocates See 'Access To Justice' Gap In U.S.
- The '60s Are Gone, But Psychedelic Research Trip Continues In 1966, psychedelic drug advocate and former Harvard professor Timothy Leary appeared on the Merv Griffin Show. "I'm in the unfortunate situation of...
- China's Crackdown On Corruption Opens Door To Abuse Chinese President Xi Jinping has made it a priority to eliminate corruption within the Chinese Communist Party. "The [Communist Party] desperately...
Keeping The French Language Alive In Quebec
Acclaimed Jazz Singer Diane Reeves Takes On A Soulful Sound
From probing interviews with artists to lively discussions with curators and impresarios, to unique live music performances, you'll be up to speed on the arts.
Joseph Cooper and Bonnie Berman share the microphone with a wide range of guests including community leaders, artists, scientists, historians, and political thinkers.
Join host Tracy Fields on Evenin' Jazz Monday through Friday from 9:30 pm to 1:00 am on 91.3 FM and be treated to the best of jazz and blues and beyond.
The focus of Folk & Acoustic Music is to create a community to support folk music. Every Sunday afternoon 2 to 5pm, WLRN airs the only folk music show in South Florida.