Brazil has proved itself a global force in soccer and music, architecture and business. But there’s one area where the South American giant has yet...
Most Active Stories
- How Miami's Shrewd Black Leadership Turned The Mandela Snub To Local Advantage
- Miami Muralist's Walls Brighten Art Week With Local Color
- Now You See It, Now You Don’t: Wynwood’s Evolving Street Art
- Basel Recap: What You Missed Over The Weekend
- Gentrification Film Shown In Wynwood Just Before Basel Madness
Art Basel long ago grew beyond the Miami Beach Convention Center fair, and it has long been about more than just the art. Enough so that purists have...
The Sunshine Economy
Art Miami, an Art Basel satellite fair, held a symposium this week on women in the arts. The event was designed to bring attention to inequality...
I was near a small sandwich stand in an open-air market. It was like many you would see almost anywhere in the world. A radio was playing a...
A panel of the area’s top medical professionals gathered Tuesday to discuss the state of black healthcare in South Florida. The discussion, hosted...
There’s no question that Art Basel brings plenty of people -- and their stuff -- to Wynwood. The question is: How do you keep the area clean?...
Latest from NPR
- Supersized Cartoon Library Welcomes 'All Geeks And Dorks' Comic book lovers have a new paradise. It's not the Batcave or the Fortress of Solitude; it's a new cartoon library and museum, tucked into a...
- U.S. Veteran Freed From N. Korea Says 'Confession' Was Coerced The 85-year-old U.S. veteran who was detained by North Korea for weeks, before being released, says the "confession" that he read and was aired on...
- 18 LA Sheriff's Deputies Indicted In Sweeping Jail Probe Federal prosecutors announced Monday the indictment of 18 current and former Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies on an array of charges stemming...
- For Working-Class Chinese, 'Picture Day' Is A Rare Treat A holiday gift of sorts came early in more than 20 countries over the weekend, as volunteer photographers shot free, studio-quality portraits of more...
Congress Tries To Craft Budget Deal Before Holiday Break
Joseph Cooper and Bonnie Berman share the microphone with a wide range of guests including community leaders, artists, scientists, historians, and political thinkers.
From probing interviews with artists to lively discussions with curators and impresarios, to unique live music performances, you'll be up to speed on the arts.
Join host Tracy Fields on Evenin' Jazz Monday through Friday from 9:30 pm to 1:00 am on 91.3 FM and be treated to the best of jazz and blues and beyond.
The focus of Folk & Acoustic Music is to create a community to support folk music. Every Sunday afternoon 2 to 5pm, WLRN airs the only folk music show in South Florida.
Nelson Mandela Headlines
How Much Is Enough? Headlines
Miami Herald Breaking News
- Miami lawyer known for work with low-income citizens facing prison for looting over $500,000
- Rafters found off of Key Biscayne; 1 dead, 1 survivor, 2 missing
- Obituary: Stuart Markus, Miami lawyer for 55 years
- Passenger awakes to find himself locked in plane
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to baseball Hall