When I was 19, 20 and 21 years of age … I seemed to be on a yo-yo between my boyhood home in Illinois and the place I was seeking. I wanted...
Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
- Big Sugar's Influence Stretches From South Florida To Washington
- Lieutenant Governor Visits PortMiami For Update On Tunnel Progress
The Miami Herald has been documenting life in South Florida through pictures for a long time now -- the paper's photo archives go back to well into the...
Attorney David Guest is not on the fence about the protection of springs. “They’re acting as if this renewable resource is something you can simply...
Governor Rick Scott kicks off the legislative session with a State of the State address touting tax cuts and job creation. The state legislature...
Fanm Ayisyen Nan Miyami (FANM), also known as the Haitian Women of Miami, will celebrate its 21st anniversary on Saturday. The organization,...
Bills to legalize the recreational use of marijuana in Florida have been filed for this session of the Legislature. So far, sponsors have little...
Latest from NPR
- Missing Malaysian Airliner May Have Turned Back Military radar indicates that the missing Boeing 777 jet may have turned back, Malaysia's air force chief said Sunday as scores of ships and aircraft...
- 'Kids For Cash' Captures A Juvenile Justice Scandal From Two Sides In 2009, a major corruption scandal dubbed "Kids for Cash" hit the juvenile justice system of northeast Pennsylvania. Two local judges had been...
- Putting A Name And Face To A Famous Voice In February, the streaming service Spotify announced a milestone: "Wake Me Up," by the dance artist Avicii, was now its most streamed song ever at...
How Sanctions May Affect Russia's Moves In Ukraine
Why Getting 'El Chapo' Wasn't The End Of The Drug War
From probing interviews with artists to lively discussions with curators and impresarios, to unique live music performances, you'll be up to speed on the arts.
Joseph Cooper and Bonnie Berman share the microphone with a wide range of guests including community leaders, artists, scientists, historians, and political thinkers.
Join host Tracy Fields on Evenin' Jazz Monday through Friday from 9:30 pm to 1:00 am on 91.3 FM and be treated to the best of jazz and blues and beyond.
The focus of Folk & Acoustic Music is to create a community to support folk music. Every Sunday afternoon 2 to 5pm, WLRN airs the only folk music show in South Florida.
Miami Herald Breaking News
- Sources: Miami Dolphins to go after Branden Albert, Rodger Saffold in free agency
- Gov. Rick Scott says Medicare rate cuts will affect seniors’ ability to keep their doctor, hospital and prevention services
- Honor Flight for veterans cancelled in Lakeland
- Scores arrested at Massachusetts 'Blarney Blowout'
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California