When I was 19, 20 and 21 years of age … I seemed to be on a yo-yo between my boyhood home in Illinois and the place I was seeking. I wanted...
Most Active Stories
- Trying To Free Up 95 Express, FDOT Prices 'Lexus Lanes' At Lamborghini Rates
- From Scorched Earth To Palm Beach: The Maya Are Coming To Florida
- New Reversible Lanes In Broward Are A First In South Florida
- Big Sugar's Influence Stretches From South Florida To Washington
- See Historic South Florida Through The Lenses Of Miami Herald Photographers
The Miami Herald has been documenting life in South Florida through pictures for a long time now -- the paper's photo archives go back to well into the...
Attorney David Guest is not on the fence about the protection of springs. “They’re acting as if this renewable resource is something you can simply...
Governor Rick Scott kicks off the legislative session with a State of the State address touting tax cuts and job creation. The state legislature...
Fanm Ayisyen Nan Miyami (FANM), also known as the Haitian Women of Miami, will celebrate its 21st anniversary on Saturday. The organization,...
Bills to legalize the recreational use of marijuana in Florida have been filed for this session of the Legislature. So far, sponsors have little...
Latest from NPR
- CPAC Is A Siren Call To GOP Presidential Hopefuls Start with a big ballroom at a resort hotel just outside D.C. Add thousands of conservative activists. Stir in hundreds of political journalists, and...
- What Germans Know Could Help Bridge U.S. Workers' Skill Gap Job training programs are failing to turn out enough skilled workers to fill job openings in the U.S., a phenomenon that puzzles some European...
- Ukraine: Military Standoffs And High Tensions Reported Members of pro-Russian forces and Ukraine's military have engaged in several tense standoffs in the largely autonomous region of Crimea, but they...
- Spain's Robin Hood Mayor Fights For 'Communist Utopia' On a sweltering August day in 2012, the mayor of a tiny Spanish town, fed up with the country's economic conditions, did something drastic. It was...
Making A Computerized Voice A Little More Human
From probing interviews with artists to lively discussions with curators and impresarios, to unique live music performances, you'll be up to speed on the arts.
Joseph Cooper and Bonnie Berman share the microphone with a wide range of guests including community leaders, artists, scientists, historians, and political thinkers.
Join host Tracy Fields on Evenin' Jazz Monday through Friday from 9:30 pm to 1:00 am on 91.3 FM and be treated to the best of jazz and blues and beyond.
The focus of Folk & Acoustic Music is to create a community to support folk music. Every Sunday afternoon 2 to 5pm, WLRN airs the only folk music show in South Florida.
Miami Herald Breaking News
- Cuban cultural exchange in Key West draws ire from some exiles
- Pinecrest cop gets 20 days off for not aiding accident victims
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- FSU names interim president; no front-runner considered
- Judge wants more oversight, tougher penalties for Miami-Dade sewer mandate